Nothing a Plasma Cutter could not fix

KCCTD

Bought a 98 12V short box clubcab a week ago. Went to get it inspected today an was told the right lower ball-joint was bad. Okay not a big deal, so I thought.

Has anyone had the rotors so rusted that it had holes rusted through the part that surrounds the hub assembly? Beat on it for two hours trying to get the hub out of the knuckle and broke the rotors into two pieces and had to end up using the old plasma cutter to cut them out so I could finish beating on the hub assembly. Well just wanted to vent, oh and the hub with the stupid ABS sensors are stupid expensive.

One last thing, do all trucks from up north have this problem?

I'll admit, I came to this thread with hopes of seeing some custom-fab 12V eye-candy...and ultimately was let down

Id've had to seen it, but you might have been able to heat the rotor with a torch and got it off there. Im just an hour and a half north of kc and havent seen anything like that, the truck had to have seen alot of salt.

Sorry Hurley for letting you down.
Feed Bunk - The truck came from Michigan, so it had its fair share of salt I suspect.

Next time stick a socket between the ends of the stub & inner axle shaft, start the truck and use the power steering to force the hub/rotor off. Just make sure the 4 hub bolts are out first & it helps to have a friend there to hold the socket with pliers while you get the steering wheel in place. Then I put a healthy coat of anti seize on the stub shaft before installing a new hub.

i have seen a few trucks come down to texas that look horrible with rust....to scary to work on

Back