NV4500 2wd vs 4wd

12valve95

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Is it worth it/ possible to convert a 4x4 transmission to a 2wd set up or should I just use it as a core and buy a 2wd?

Ive seen them sell close to 2k with a clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, well it will be posted up at some point I guess lol.

My clutch should be good as well and it will be upgraded so It can definitely go with it.

The worth it is dependent upon you, but its just the mainshaft and tailhousing thats different. If you have those, you should be good to go.

The worth it is dependent upon you, but its just the mainshaft and tailhousing thats different. If you have those, you should be good to go.

Cost effectiveness would be the reason to do or not for me.

I went through this some time back, surely there is something you can put on the tail like the 4wd 47/48s have. In fact, that plate would probably bolt up, but the yoke would be different. I could see how using the shorter 4wd with a divorced tcase or drop box would be nice. I was interested in doing it so I didn’t have to buy another tcase right away when converting a c&c to 4wd.

I went through this some time back, surely there is something you can put on the tail like the 4wd 47/48s have. In fact, that plate would probably bolt up, but the yoke would be different. I could see how using the shorter 4wd with a divorced tcase or drop box would be nice. I was interested in doing it so I didn’t have to buy another tcase right away when converting a c&c to 4wd.

See this is what was in my head, I also figured the longer shaft in a 2wd would create greater torque strain and potential failure, maybe not but seems logical.

I have to get a custom driveshaft anyway so no difference in expense of convenience there.

Where are all our machinists?

I need a part lol

Back