NV4500 problems

cowboyup20x

Diesel Fume Inhaler
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but he have had a rash of bad rebuilt transmissions within the last month or so. We have three trannys that all lost fifth gear. Come to find out the gear on the counter shaft for fifth has been causing our problem. All the inner teeth that hold the gear in place on the counter shaft are breaking/stripping out and allowing the gear to spin freely on the counter shaft. Hope this will help anyone else out there, and see if it is occuring in more locations then here.

Welcome t the site Wyatt. Good to have you here. :welcome: during what circumstances are you having the problem?

Most likely drag racing his brother LOL

Go ahead and stick a 5600 in there Wyatt, that should solve at least some of the problem :evil

Running away from BG so he won't try to steal my injectors again!!
Just turned 6k on the reuild and fifth quit working while my sister was driving it. DIDN'T see that much abuse.

Okay, so maybe she was running away from an Ex LOL

Seriously though, that's not good, must have been some cheap gears these shops were buying. What do the folks who built the tranny have to say??

Smokem said:
I get my new toy tomorrow, going back to the 12. He is in serious trouble this time, 4x4 auto with a tuned 913.:badidea:

You already have a built tranny on the way I take it LOL I know you happen to have a few parts for a 12V laying around :evil

They had a write up about that in this months issue of 4wheeler, I left it at work, but I will check up on it a few companies sell kits to fix problem. Just can't remeber off the top of my head.

Here are some pics of the counter shaft gear for 5th.
Top and middle is mine, bottom is from another 5 speed.

wyattpics085.jpg

wyattpics084.jpg

wyattpics087.jpg

I did the same thing two time in a month, thrush bearing behind the input shaft crap and causing part of the problems. Have you been rebuilding the same tranny

Halfbakediesel said:
I did the same thing two time in a month, thrush bearing behind the input shaft crap and causing part of the problems. Have you been rebuilding the same tranny

same tranny, has all new bearings, but we have three trucks all with same problem, all rebuilt recently by different people.

Back