nv5600

mtnmax

2001 cummins 2500 4x4 looking for any reviews or info for nv5600 tranny need to replace mine but sure what to with ATS, CPP or others hardened gears or not and what upgrade for 6th gear. I could not find a thorough thread on this specifically ats, cpp . There's tons of rebuilds on the market but not sure who to go with, approx. 500 hp now. thanks

I don't think there is much difference between them all. Most all parts are aftermarket for them. Other than having stuff cryoed I don't think there is much else you can do. They hold alot of power without much modification. I plan on running 1000hp through one and have no worries about it

is cryo worth doing on 5th and 6th gear it does make parts hard but brittle did you cryo any parts I'm thinking proper oil and not abuse 6th

There is no 5th 'gear' in the NV5600, as it is direct drive. Input shaft is locked to the mainshaft. Make sure you research this well if shops are telling you that they cryo 5th gear.

For 500hp, put a clutch in front of a stock tranny and let it rip. The NV trannies are tough as nails, and take a beating.

5th gear is input shaft and yes they are cryoed just not sure if that's the way to go for hp increase in the future. have a valair dual disc now. just wondering if anyone is using cryoed gears and if they do hold up.

Back