Off to Australia with the Bentz Dragster

dieseldragster

First to the sevens....
It's time, guys. I am heading down to help Steve Vanderhee get the car up and running. He has reworked a bunch of it, and wants me to squeeze my fat a$$ into it and show him how to run it and tune it. Should be fun.

Will post up some photos and let you know how that car runs on Fosters for alky injection.

I bet I will have the Australian speed record for a diesel dragster when I leave there. 50 MPH at 20 seconds in the quarter!

He is a great guy. I will be there from the 2nd to the 12th of January.

Cool - our gearhead brothers down under are as hard-core as it gets! :Cheer:

Talking to these guys for years, and finally getting to hang out with the aussies will be a ball. They are hard core at everything they do, from "football" to cars.

thats awesome. what part of australia are you going to? diesel performance for drag racing is pretty new down there, at least when i was last there i didnt see any.

All up and down the east coast. What is cool is the tracks are all 100-300 ft elevation. Nice. Should be good for spooling and launch. Steven is hoping to help bring the diesel performance biz to Aussieland...

well now my plan is ruined. i was planning to take my truck with me when i moved back and give them a surprise lol guess now they will be expecting it.

well now my plan is ruined. i was planning to take my truck with me when i moved back and give them a surprise lol guess now they will be expecting it.

That high dollar conversion from left to right side steering would stop me cold even if getting the truck over that was free. At least in a dragster you don't have to worry about that. There are some diesel hot rodder down there, Mick Morrell being one of them. Hopefully you will run into him. Have fun, it's a great country. This one get anymore screwed up than it is I might well move there myself.

Awesome man keep us informed on whats up/Down Under!

Will do bud. More than anything else, I can tell you that Fosters is not the beer of choice down under, and I will give full updates on the preferred brews...

That high dollar conversion from left to right side steering would stop me cold even if getting the truck over that was free. At least in a dragster you don't have to worry about that. There are some diesel hot rodder down there, Mick Morrell being one of them. Hopefully you will run into him. Have fun, it's a great country. This one get anymore screwed up than it is I might well move there myself.[/QUOTE]

Now that would be good Ken. Bring the trucks and run them on the track only and leave them Left Hand Drive

I got to catch up with these guys - didnt know "dutchy" existed - an AJ at that lol

Back