Oil filter relocation kit for 12V.

VMAX

I hear some of the kits tend to starve the motor in a high performance application . Any of them worth a darn to run? I have no room for an air filter on the 78 with the new primary. One of these kits might fix that problem #causestreettruck.

I hear some of the kits tend to starve the motor in a high performance application . Any of them worth a darn to run? I have no room for an air filter on the 78 with the new primary. One of these kits might fix that problem #causestreettruck.

I've never had any issues with starvation on my setup. And we've done it on quite a few trucks. We run Destroked filter relocation plates. My only issue with them is the ports for the turbos are unfiltered oil, so I run small oil filters for each turbo. For the filter header we always run the Peterson remote priming filter headers and Baldwin filters. The filters are substantially larger than the OEM cummins ones with excellent flow and filtration. Plus it's nice to be able to prime the oil system before start up.

I just cut the filter base off the plate and welded some AN fitting on to the plate and the base. while i was at it i added some fittings for turbo oil feeds. It works good so far. I will get some more pics when i get home.

[ame]http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s589/Sawyer_Finch/truck%20in%20progress/0EDA89CF-125A-4C5C-9AC2-093C0E4C52F4_zpsui1lntvf.jpg[/ame]

Last edited:
Glad to hear some positive feedback on this. Anyone run the Amsoil, pacbrake, permacool, kits?

I like that destroked kit but it appears you loose your oil feeds for the turbos?

My Amsoil dual bypass starves the engine. I have had nothing but issues with both types of that system. Cleans the soot out but is it worth it?

We ran a permacool dual filter setup and mounted an air to oil heat exchanger last year on the 3.0 truck and ran 5800 rpm weekly, winter overhaul showed no sign of oil starvation anywhere.

We ran a permacool dual filter setup and mounted an air to oil heat exchanger last year on the 3.0 truck and ran 5800 rpm weekly, winter overhaul showed no sign of oil starvation anywhere.

Is this a primary filter with a bypass or? Have link or pn?

No you don't lose your turbo feeds with the Destroked plate. Like I stated before they are unfiltered oil for some reason so you need to run an oil filter for each turbo.

Plus the Peterson priming filter header is awesome!

No you don't lose your turbo feeds with the Destroked plate. Like I stated before they are unfiltered oil for some reason so you need to run an oil filter for each turbo.

Plus the Peterson priming filter header is awesome!

do you have any pics of how you set yours up?

yah pics weren't working on this computer. I snooped your photo bucket and saw were you mounted the filter. but not the line set up off the plate.

Back