oil fitting for E.D. turbo

kjpcummins

Well i was trying to get this truck together for a dyno day i help set up tomarrow and ran into this problem. Turbo is a E.D. 66/73/ .91 A/R T4 nongated housing. Does anyone know what size the fitting is for the oil feed line that goes into the turbo is. I was goin to use the stock fitting that went into the hx35 but that fitting is just a hair to small and wont work.

heres a pic of the fitting that goes into the hx35

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

it's funny you mention this, i talked to chris last night about this exact problem with my turbo, the fitting that the borg warner center sections use is a 1/4" pipe thread, soo if you have a hydraulic specialty shop around you, see if they have a fitting that is the 1/4" pipe thread to the flat face metric oring that the stock fittings are. the stock fitting is M12x1.25 STORM on the side that screw into the turbo, and the metric flat face oring hwre it seals to the line. borg warner does not use metric fittings. hope this helps!

Wes

My s468 which is a Borg charger uses the stock fitting. I went to JG Parks, a cummins dealer, to get a replacement for the FL80 at work I stole it from. Perhaps the s300s have a different thread or ED machines them, I can't remember at this point. I need to get on the horn with Chris though and figure it out for my 62/68 13 coming my way.

i goofed on the fitting size, it is actually M12x1.50 for the stock fitting, sorry if there was any confusion!

well a friend had a fitting that had 1/4 npt on one side and metric on the other for a 12v oil feed line so im using that till i get one made. I was told the fitting is a British Metric 11/16-16 but im goin to make sure before i get the fittings or theres a place i was told to take it to and they will make whatever i need at least its running and i think the dyno day went smooth but still dont like that superflow with a single its hard to load it enough to get a good numbers since it applys full load all at once. I could only do 62% on my truck so i wouldnt snuff but still wasnt enough load to do a good number on the top end. The trucks with twins were doin 70-75% load and were about right on where they should be.

My s468 which is a Borg charger uses the stock fitting. I went to JG Parks, a cummins dealer, to get a replacement for the FL80 at work I stole it from. Perhaps the s300s have a different thread or ED machines them, I can't remember at this point. I need to get on the horn with Chris though and figure it out for my 62/68 13 coming my way.

I might ask chris also because i had to use different bolts for the oil return line also because they were bigger and werent metric either. All the other BW S300s i have used and mess with used the stock fittings. I have no problem with using a different fitting it just put me in a pinch as i started this truck friday at 230pm got everything off and back on and came down to a little oil line fittings crazy how things work out.

hmmm, the stock fitting off my hx35 bolted right on my borg....

yes so did all the other turbos i have done but this one came with standard threads not metric.

Back