oil in antifreeze

rob.97cummins

punisher
o i dont know much about fords but i found a truck i think is fixable but wanna know anyone else's opinion. . 2003. f350 4x4 auto with 150k $8500. guys says it runs and drives but has oil in the antifreeze. that was all he could tell me

Busted oil cooler or a head gasket.

And thats too much money for it.

I haven't seen that from a head gasket yet but plenty of times from a oil cooler.

yep! i had a 6.0 work truck do the exact same thing to me once... $8000 later... said it was the oil cooler. luckily it was a company vehicle, but they were still a little pissed at me for breaking it, lol

not only will he need to have a new cooler but most likely will need all new coolant hoses, they get i little soft after all the oil on them

6.0 or 7.3? im guessin 6.0 with the problem your describing. Mabey HG, mabey oil cooler, may be EGR. any of those. Either way unless it is in perfect condition and has excab or 4 door with loaded leather i would say its about 3k over priced. if its a standard cab i would give 4k for it. They are a pita to work on and if its a HG issue your probly pullin the cab or the motor to fix it unless your like gumby with a topside creeper. Also they dont resale for much these days. evey one wants a 7.3 or a 6.4

Back