Oil pressure low (yes i searched)

jhndrtxn

Ok when my turbo blew the oil seal i saw the oil pressure (electronic aftermarket gauge) drop to 20 psi it would only build up to 25 psi while driving when i got the truck home it would sit at 12psi so i let it sit thinking that it was cause the oil seal was blown. now that i have installed the new turbo it still only reads 12-18 psi at idle i thought my gauge/ sending unit might be bad so i put a mechanical gauge on. i installed it on top of the oil filter housing the new gauge will read 18psi when the engine is cold then will drop to 11psi when it warms up. I have checked the oil it was a quart an a half low so i put oil in it an no change the pressure will rise with rpms very slowly at 1800 rpms its only making 20 psi on a warm engine. I'm really worried an i don't know what could cause this i'm pulling the filter off to check it but that bout all i know what to do. this is my first diesel engine to work on. i want to learn.

Pull the oil cooler cover off and check the filter bypass valve and oil pressure regulator for damage.

Where can I get the gaskets to reseal it when I do

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Oil pressure relief looked fine there was some oil in the cup on top of it where the spring sits but nothing that popped out at me as out of the ordinary some wear marks that bout it

For the he'll of it I changed the oil an filter an the oil pressure us back to normal ranges but I have white smoke now at low rpms (head gasket maybe)

bump

wanted to add i opened up the old filter an it was full of grit there wasn't any "glitter" to indicate a spun bearing or any kind of metalic damage no shavings on my magnetic drain plug either. however once i removed the plug oil rushed out of the pan an the last bit of fluid to come out beaded up an ran into my catch pan jus a small amount i'd prolly say less than a cup.

So far no issues with pressure or white smoke

Back