Oil Priming System

I think I am going to do what timebomb listed. By drilling and tapping into the oil port just in front of where the turbo oil feeds are at it should push oil through the current filter and then to the rest of the motor (Pretty sure the stock oil pump will provide enough restriction with only minimal oil loss going backwards down the pickup tube).

I was looking at summits oil pumps. Anyone see why the one listed below wouldn't work.
Tilton Engineering 40-524 - Tilton Transmission and/or Differential Oil Cooler Pumps - Overview - SummitRacing.com

With regards to ENafziger, it also seems like a good idea to run the oil after you shut the motor down for a little bit. This would save a little fuel instead of sitting there letting the motor idle to cool down (probably not enough fuel to notice a difference but it would be more convenient to just shut the motor off when you get somewhere and let the oil priming system just circulate oil).

Thanks for the replies

Adam

I was looking at summits oil pumps. Anyone see why the one listed below wouldn't work.
Tilton Engineering 40-524 - Tilton Transmission and/or Differential Oil Cooler Pumps - Overview - SummitRacing.com

^^^ I have one of them on the truck that I used with a Zirgo digital temperature controller and cooler for intermittant use cooling gear lube in the Mitchell gear splitter. It works ok for what it is. I've heard mixed reviews from others.

The pump I purchased for the pre-lube system is the Exa pump by TurboWerx. At the time I was looking, it was by far the best quality pump I could find for the money.

Exa-Pump®

--Eric

Back