Opinions.....

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Give your opinion::poke: :poke: :poke:

Say you have a 24 Valve that you want to spray the juice in. And I mean a heavy hit of juice...:evil :evil And your lift pump is an Aeromotive A1000.......

Which would be the better VP44 to use?

Standard Output VP44

High Output VP44

HotRod VP44

Is there a specific year involved also? Any limitations using the VP with juice?

The ultimate would be P-Pump conversion, I know that, but I want to hear the opinions to the above.

:thankyou2:

Last edited:
Smokem said:
SO VP44. The only year specific is running an HO VP44 on an SO truck '98-'00. But this is only a small increase in power and mileage, it will limit hp in the 500+ range.

You won't gain a thing running a HO pump on a SO motor.

TJ

SO VP44. We're fighting with a BlueChip SO that appears to be a misslabeled HO. It will only run 500HP and we've tested 3 different sets of injectors. Since the wire's tapped, we can't send it back.

brandon.

What's the common consensus on why the HO VP44's hit the wall at 500HP?? I've heard suggestions but never anything really concrete.

We tested all pumps on my 2002 auto drag truck made 631 with a Industrial injection hot rod vp put a stock one back on and lost 50 h.p that is straight #2

Smokem said:
7mm plungers on the HO VP44 vs the 7.5mm plungers on the SO VP44.

Okay, I always thought that the HO VP44 had larger barrels and plungers :doh:

Will a SO pump work on an HO motor?? I ask "just in case" mine should take a dump, I don't want to hit the HP wall later on :evil

Billysgoat said:
Okay, I always thought that the HO VP44 had larger barrels and plungers :doh:

Will a SO pump work on an HO motor?? I ask "just in case" mine should take a dump, I don't want to hit the HP wall later on :evil

Yes you can.

Smokem said:
I have heard of people replacing an HO VP44 with an SO VP44 using the keyway out of the HO VP44. But I have no first hand experience of this. *If it were possible to get the parts, I would try running a Fed Ex HO board on an SO VP44*.

what do you know about the Fed Ex board?? - I have the Fed Ex SO pump from blue chip that brandon mentioned, so chip tells me the timing, etc. is all the same on the Fed Ex pump, but the board is just constructed differently.? I just don't know why my pump won't make the HP it should?

Lavon

LAmiller said:
what do you know about the Fed Ex board?? - I have the Fed Ex SO pump from blue chip that brandon mentioned, so chip tells me the timing, etc. is all the same on the Fed Ex pump, but the board is just constructed differently.? I just don't know why my pump won't make the HP it should?

Lavon

What kind of #'s do you have?

500 tops. It dropped 50 HP, compared to the dying VP, the day it was put on.

bradnon.

I work with a couple of electronic geniuses, if it can be done they can do it.

We thought it was a HO pump, but the ID tag says 027. I've now heard that 027 pumps made for fedex used the larger plungers.

brandno.

Back