Opinions???

I vote for cutting the hood...And why is there not a pool for this?

Cowl hood.
Why not have the piping sticking out you may ask.
What if a charger grenades and a pipe comes off and....... Oil... Splash.... Oh poop.... Crash...

I could be a little out there on this, but I think different sometimes.

I kinda like the cutout hood idea. You can always change to a lift-off later, and your stock hood isn't doing much good right now anyway. Fire up the sawzall!

I think the piping powdered black with a cut out lift off hood would work get my vote.

I like the cut look,

What about a cut hood for displaying while in the pits etc...and then a cowl that fastened down with dzus fastners if need be for the saftey factor mentioned.

BBD

I think it looks awesome like that... blue piping and all haha.

Snedge - would oil still not go out under the truck if a charger grenaded and a pipe popped off, regardless of how the hood is set up.

I think it looks awesome like that... blue piping and all haha.

Snedge - would oil still not go out under the truck if a charger grenaded and a pipe popped off, regardless of how the hood is set up.

at least you can still see right? If it blew oil over the windshield that would be a huge mess. Custom cowl hood, or cut the stock one a buy a cowl to place on the stocker. If you know a guy good with sheet metal he could fab you up something to make it work.

looks like you just got tired of working on it if you leave the stuff hanging out. I vote lift off Cowl hood.. Looks better, and mo betta aerodynananimix..

at least you can still see right? If it blew oil over the windshield that would be a huge mess. Custom cowl hood, or cut the stock one a buy a cowl to place on the stocker. If you know a guy good with sheet metal he could fab you up something to make it work.

Ahh yeah, that's true. I would think if the plumbing was changed to a metal setup, and the hood was cut tight around the plumbing it'd be pretty hard for it to happen, but still possible I suppose...

Run it with no hood....hey Stock600 used to run his truck without a front clip LOL

Run it with no hood....hey Stock600 used to run his truck without a front clip LOL

Hey now......:hehe:
Odd thing is my quickest pass ever in the truck was with full front clip and at full Pro Street weight 4515#. Sure run it w/o a hood.....but chrome the piping or make it black, imo. Either way lets get it to the track before spring. Ryan

Back