overflow valve?

vaicase

i put a 3gsk on my truck,and over3200 it would cut in and out.so i took out the overflow valve and stetched the spring,then 4000rpms.so i bought a new overflow valve from peirs diesel 55.00.now it cuts in and out again over 3200.i was told timing,but with the spring strtched 4000rpms.so what could it be.thanks

vaicase said:
i put a 3gsk on my truck,and over3200 it would cut in and out.so i took out the overflow valve and stetched the spring,then 4000rpms.so i bought a new overflow valve from peirs diesel 55.00.now it cuts in and out again over 3200.i was told timing,but with the spring strtched 4000rpms.so what could it be.thanks

Timing it is...

fuel pressure could be a doozie as well... IF your FP is a guessing game its time that you check it. A new OFV might not always work, i have bought a brand new one and it didnt help either, IT was defective. So i stretched out my spring on the OFV. Fuel pressure went UP.. BUT i also have another trick to do that with, PM me for more details. I now have 40 psi at idle, and it fluctuates depending on temperature outside and fuel viscosity among other things....

BUT i have 16.5 degrees of timing and i can free rev up to 4000 rpms too, but it does sputter and pop at anything above 3400 RPMS, so it needs more timing and possibly a calibration... u only have a 3K kit? and are reving 4000 rpms? a 3K will fuel hard to about 2700 rpms and free rev till 3500 typically... So im guessin ur plum out of fuel...

Rick

also i have 12 60lb springs installed.where do i hook a fuel pressure gauge?is threr a fitting i can adapt to the line coming out of the pump or filter?thanks

Run about 17 degrees timing in your truck and as far as the FP gauge you can hook into the fuel filter

Mine pops hard like that to.I can get off the line at 4k then it starts sputtering (popping) bad and drops to 3600.What is it timing or lack of fuel?

You need pressure AND volum.

I had the same problem buti cannot however tell you exactly which it was because as that point i was so fed up i replaced the overflow, lift pump, filters, and did my timing.

It also may have had something to do that i slipped timing so bad i was sitting at 23* advancement timing.:bang :hehe:

could be both,build yourself a good fuel system ,buy a fass pump 95 gph should be plenty then go from there,there is nothing worse then starving a motor for fuel

Back