P-pump differences

75Fummins

Im looking at two different trucks with p-pumps to buy for my 75 Fummins project. One is a 94 and the other is a 96. I looked for the engine data tag to see what hp pumps they had but both tags are missing. They're both automatics so im assuming the 94 is a 160hp? and the 96 is a 180hp possibly. So my questions are how can i tell what hp pumps they are and is it that big of a deal considering i only plan on running a 62mm charger and shooting for about mid 400s on hp.

if the engine tags r gone there r tags on the actual pump and the numbers on those tags tell u.

Driver side of the pump blew 2 3 delivery valve throttle linkage might be in the way

Anybody else have any insight on the 94 pumps sticking plungers? Ive never heard anybody having any issues.

Anybody else have any insight on the 94 pumps sticking plungers? Ive never heard anybody having any issues.

Any of them can have issues with sticking plungers. High mileage, poor prior service history, sitting a long time without running, debris ran through them, etc. Any of these can cause the issue.

Btw, you'll want the ten digit bosch number on the tag under the throttle bracket that bolts to the pump. Should be a 0 402 726 xxx

i would get the '96 for the face that its probably a 180 pump either 0 402 726 885 or a 0 402 726 911 are the most common. that way if you ever wanted to make more power down the road you have a pump that is better suited for it already due to a better cam profile in the pump

I just got done lookin at the 96 and I have another question. I revved the truck up and at about 2300-2400 the truck started to break up, is that the factory governor or is there a problem?

I just got done lookin at the 96 and I have another question. I revved the truck up and at about 2300-2400 the truck started to break up, is that the factory governor or is there a problem?

Factory governor, factory timing, low fuel pressure...could be a number of things (easily fixed things).

Back