p-pump swap advice please

My original ve pump died, so i now have a 160 hp p-pump,lines, and injectors in hand. What else will be required between now and daily driving it again? Also this is my first pump install. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Your gona need a p-pump, injectors lines, timming case cover, pump gear, throttle cable, lift pump, feed and return banjo bolts for pump, have to wire up the fuel shut off or hook up a kill cable, that's all I can think off right now.

You will have to set every thing top dead center then you can time it to where ever you want. Not sure on the tv cable???

You will need to set the timing!
P-pump is not keyed like a VE.
You need the timing tool and choose the timing in * and mm that you want

The outside of the p-pump has a 7/8" plug in. Remove the plug. There is a timing too; init. Take it out of the plug and turn it around. Should have a fork like end. You can rotate the pump look for a small pin the will fit between fork of tool. That will hold pump at tdc. "Carefull you can break of one of the tips if you turn engine over with tool in place.

Throttle valve, It runs from the pump to tranny it adjusts line pressure the farther the throttle is pushed.

apparently you can get the 1st gen injectors pop pressure set for the p7100. That would be a better idea seeing as the spray pattern of the injectors are matched up to the pistons.

piston in 1st and 2nd gen should be same so i wouldnt think it would matter. i know 24v are different though

The non intercooled pistons have a slightly different bowl design . The head on a non intercooled motor uses bigger diameter injectors also but a bushing can be purchased. This should be an intercooled truck so none of this would come into play.
Look at a Ppump motor right above the banjo bolt on the back side of the pump there is a chunk taken out of the head for clearance of this bolt. Your head may not have this if not you will have to grind it.Rich

Back