P Pump swap MPG?

catmechanic01

Hello everyone!

I am curious to know MPG numbers people have seen after a p pump swap...

I am in the process of an overhaul, part of that job is ditching the vp for the p7100. We are also going with a s362, hamilton 178/208 cam, and industrial injection 40hp rv injectors set at 260bar. we plan on *18 timing. Anyone else have a similar build, and if so, what milage numbers have you been seeing? :Cheer:

I think you want more timing,p24v like around 24 for daily driving from what I've read

I have a p-pump in my cummins swap F350. With a zf6, he351, 215hp pump last tank I got 18mpg. No fuel plate. That's with timing at 19

Went about 400 miles round trip with mine a couple weeks ago, got 16mpg with a snowmobile in the bed and cruise set north of 80. It gets closer to 20 if it's unloaded and I drive nicely. Haven't noticed a big change in mileage from any of my p-pump setups and I've changed a lot since I swapped the truck.

- I have a p-pump in my cummins swap F350. With a zf6, he351, 215hp pump last tank I got 18mpg. No fuel plate. That's with timing at 19

Sounds like a sweet truck. 12 or 24v?

- Went about 400 miles round trip with mine a couple weeks ago, got 16mpg with a snowmobile in the bed and cruise set north of 80. It gets closer to 20 if it's unloaded and I drive nicely. Haven't noticed a big change in mileage from any of my p-pump setups and I've changed a lot since I swapped the truck.

Thats pretty good. Im hoping to see low 20s if I can keep my foot out of it lol. What setup are you running now?

Back when I had 35x10.5's, driving through the UP (55mph roads), I'd get 21mpg. Then taking I75 south (70mph road) I'd only get 17.

I'm guessing it was a combination of load and gear ratio putting me into ideal RPMs or not.

When I switched to 37x12.5's, it all went way down.

My 6.7 gets ~17-18mpg driving 80mph to work every day, and ~20mpg driving 60-65mph through the UP (they increased the speed limit in the UP).

Thats pretty good. Im hoping to see low 20s if I can keep my foot out of it lol. What setup are you running now?

That should be doable depending on the trucks setup, keeping your foot out of it is the hardest part. A little more timing wouldn't hurt with that HE351. I had a 215 pump with an HE351 on mine with a small set of compounds a couple years ago, timing was at 24*. Still started all winter and spooled great.

Now I've got a 13mm pump at 20* timing with 131 DVs and 6x.013 injectors, 472/83/1.0 on the manifold fed by an 88/93/1.08 Garrett. Motor has head studs, valve springs, push rods, and fire rings.

- I have a p-pump in my cummins swap F350. With a zf6, he351, 215hp pump last tank I got 18mpg. No fuel plate. That's with timing at 19

Sounds like a sweet truck. 12 or 24v?

- Went about 400 miles round trip with mine a couple weeks ago, got 16mpg with a snowmobile in the bed and cruise set north of 80. It gets closer to 20 if it's unloaded and I drive nicely. Haven't noticed a big change in mileage from any of my p-pump setups and I've changed a lot since I swapped the truck.

mines a 24v that was out of school bus. I think the injectors are tiny in it as I have some weird drivabilty with it

Back