p7100 Govenor differences

ahale2772

I have one truck that has been stumping me for a while. It's a ppump 24v with a 175 pump from a fedex truck, stock dv's, 093 conversion lines, 084 tubes, and a set of mild injectors.

it has an issue where the truck will lope when cold, and will not maintain rpm when pulling off with no throttle.

to the point where the truck is on flat ground, and the slightest movement will stall the truck.

I can get it to not do it by putting a 4k or 5k set of gov spring in, but they progressively make the truck more "touchy" to drive, 5k being literally undrivable. for now a stock 160 gov spring setup is in the truck.

I've seen that this 175 pump has a very light set of stock gov springs, are the gov weights lighter? why isn't this gov acting like it should?

Weights would be heavier to make the throttle touchy i think. Lighter weight take more rotational momentum to get them to push out.

I had a set in my 160 pump with 4ks and didn't like them. Loped like crazy when cold. Swapped back to 191s and it was much better. I'm about to finish up a p-pumped 24v with the same 175 pump off a FedEx truck so we will see how it goes I guess.

Back