PAC Audio AOEM-GM24

wideopen

Slum Lord
sorry here you go.

from a popular GM site said:
1. What adapter do I need to keep the factory radio, but replace the speakers/Bose amp with an aftermarket speaker/amp combination?

-PAC AOEM-GM24. This allows you to completely remove all factory stock speakers/Bose stuff and still keep the factory radio working fine. It will give you front/rear RCA line-level outputs that will hook up to any aftermarket amplifier. Much to people's surprise, the factory Bose head units have a surprisingly "clean" line level output that will sound very good with aftermarket amps/speakers. There is NO Bose equalization and NO 'bass cuts as the volume goes up' coming out of the Bose head units. All the Bose garbage happends in the Bose amp itself. You will still retain all volume/bass/treble controls on the factory radio. NOTE: THIS IS NOT a standard "LOC" (line output converter, hooks to the factory speaker wires and gives you RCA plugs) that you can buy at any stereo shop!!! LOC's work completely differently and while they will work, the PAC AOEM-GM24 adapter will give you a MUCH cleaner signal because it grabs the line-level audio coming out of the head unit, NOT the audio thats already been mucked around with by the Bose amp. There is a difference! Especially with subs, the Bose signals are rolled off on the low end as they cross over to the subwoofer, so therefore bass especially will sound muddy and crappy on aftermarket speakers hooked up with an LOC. If you use a PAC AOEM-GM24 on a NON-Bose radio and are completely replacing all the stock speakers and installing aftermarket speakers and amps, I advise you go to the dealer and have them reprogram the radio to BOSE ("UQ7 w/o Y91"). There are separate instructions on how to program the radios. The reason I say this is because the NON-Bose radios output a semi-crappy signal that is designed for the crappy non-Bose speakers, as you turn the volume up on the non-Bose radios, bass is severely rolled off to protect the crappy non-Bose speakers. If you reprogram the radio to BOSE, the outputs will be low level, clean, and not 'messed around with' or equalized.

2. How do I keep the stock Bose speakers, but just supplement them with an aftermarket sub?

-PAC AOEM-GM24. Same adapter as above. Keeps the Bose speakers working, and gives you RCA line level outputs to hook up to an aftermarket amp/sub. When you hook up the aftermarket sub, I advise to disconnect the factory Bose sub. Dig into the console and unplug the Bose amp's C2 (8 pin) connector, then pull the DARK BLUE/WHITE, DARK GREEN, LIGHT BLUE/BLACK, LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wires out of the connector, then plug the C2 connector back in. This will disconnect the factory Bose sub.

Back