Paint matched chrome bumpers?

Ackerdiesel

I hope were in the proper section here. Who out there has painted the chrome part of their factory dodge bumper? My truck just has the painted top cover and the full sport bumper covers are pricey.

Ryan

Would be just like a 98 sport then just a different generation? I think it would look pretty good.

If that's the case just sand the chrome with a 400 grit and lay down your self etching primer then color it. I wouldn't see any issues with it.

Last edited:
The only thing is that there is a slightly different design to the third gen sport bumpers compared to the non sports. So I'm not sure how it would turn out.

Ryan

94-97 sports were stock bumpers, body color steel bumper with body color lower plastic and flat black upper plastic so your idea would be extreamly similar

I'd find a different body shop!

Had mine done on a 4th gen. Sanded chrome with 80 grit sandpaper sprayed self etching primer on it then painted over. I'll post some pics later tonight.

002.jpg

Christmas2012trk144_zpsbdf86264.jpg

Not the best photos...sorry!

Ryan...
Here is a shot taken at our spring dyno event of mine taken by TimeBomb.
The truck is originally a SLT Laramie Thunder Road that had Chrome Bumpers.
I didn't get any recent shots of the rear yet but will put one taken last year at the Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals also for you......Andy

Spring 2013 TimeBomb Photo for you....
03242013-Coop-001_zpsafbebb0a.jpg

2012 ACN's Rear Shot.....
2012ACNs-001a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364740501.090659.jpg
I found this one and really like it. I think I'm gonna sandy bumper down and prime or then just let the body shop paint it. Thanks.

Ryan

Back