PCM question

Penni

I have two pcm in my shop.... one is from a 95 - nv4500, the other a 98 - 47re, my question is does it matter anything between the two?

Just talked to the dealership and they told me it doesn't matter which I put back in the truck.. I called them trying to run serial numbers to make sure which is which, the part numbers are different.... I just wouldn't think that a nv4500 pcm would jive with a 47re trans? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, can someone help me out with part numbers? I can list both of the ones I have if needed... thanks!

I have two pcm in my shop.... one is from a 95 - nv4500, the other a 98 - 47re, my question is does it matter anything between the two?

Just talked to the dealership and they told me it doesn't matter which I put back in the truck.. I called them trying to run serial numbers to make sure which is which, the part numbers are different.... I just wouldn't think that a nv4500 pcm would jive with a 47re trans? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, can someone help me out with part numbers? I can list both of the ones I have if needed... thanks!

It's a completely different pcm.

I figured the dealership guy was wrong.... any idea on who can check part number or where i can go, so I can verify I use the correct one?

I would assume the dealer could flash it to whatever you want. The problem is the 95 pcm takes a whole different harness than the 96-97. I can't speak for the 98 because I've never seen one, but it is listed as a different part number than a 97 auto.

Back