Pedal position

chizwizdiz

Master Lurker
Call me crazy, but I liked the way my old BD crazy larry made the pedal touchy. I've been attempting to achieve this with F0508 but I don't think I'm going in the right direction. Any ideas?

Stock
PPtoPD_mod.jpg

When I change it to something like this, the transmission shifts funny and I get a low boost condition, almost like the truck won't move out of its own way.
PPtoPD.jpg

Tuning takes lots of time. Change one table and then log it and see how it reacts. Be ready to tweak that table some more after you change another table and have an adverse reaction.

Last edited:
Exactly. Take a stock tune and only change a % of that table and go out and test. Did you get good results? Try some more, repeat. Once you like that, then work on another table. Repeat.

Call me crazy, but I liked the way my old BD crazy larry made the pedal touchy. I've been attempting to achieve this with F0508 but I don't think I'm going in the right direction. Any ideas?

PPtoPD_mod.jpg

Chiz, when you have your truck set like this, did you get good throttle response but too early shift timing? Trans tuning will be a big help when it comes out.

As far as the E2567 table, I actually had to lower the numbers starting at 30mm3 (1.8 @ 40, 1.5 @ 50). But I'm running alot of duration and 120's, something to be said there I guess..

Chiz, when you have your truck set like this, did you get good throttle response but too early shift timing? Trans tuning will be a big help when it comes out.

As far as the E2567 table, I actually had to lower the numbers starting at 30mm3 (1.8 @ 40, 1.5 @ 50). But I'm running alot of duration and 120's, something to be said there I guess..

No, I got very poor throttle response and late shifts. My E2567 table needs some work. I increased the table a little too much (30 mm3 @ 3.54) last night and the truck is very smokey.

Stock
PPtoPD_mod.jpg

When I change it to something like this, the transmission shifts funny and I get a low boost condition, almost like the truck won't move out of its own way.
PPtoPD.jpg

You did exactly the opposite of what you wanted to do. You concaved the graph where you needed to bulge it out. Keep in mind you will be changing the shift points with more or less application of the TV valve.

They're backwards, the graph on the bottom is stock, top is modified.

Just to add, we don't have control of the throttle valve actuator yet...

Back