percision of new hampton

dirty dually

Hi all,dirty dually here,i have a 02 cclb dually with a 6.6 and an ally 1000,i have been slowly been trying to gather some parts for a pieced together build,i recently bought a precision of new hamptons triple tq,it was supposed to be a precision industrys tq but im now stuck with this thing and don't know what to do,i have heard alought of don't buy that one type of stories but don't really know why,im by no means an expert or even seasoned in trans building,im wanting to do a triple converter,a clutch rebuild,transgo,pump shim kit and whatever else I can get my hands on.Is installing this converter a real bad idia?or will it just not hold a 1000 horse,i hope to be around the 700 mark by the time im done and I don't want to trash all the upgrades I have in the trans by putting this tq in.Any and all help is greatly appreciated,Thanks:confused:

Ya tried to fit it all info in to get an accurate answer,im not computer literit,when I type its a search and destroy mission with the keys,lol

For the power goal you want, Do not build the trans yourself and do not use that TC. There's more to making an Allison hold decent power than a valve body, TC and clutch pack upgrade. Your best bet is finding a reputable builder and forking over the cheddar to have it done right the first time.

Where do you live? Let's see if we can't find a fairly close shop to build that trans for you.

Im very close to the factory where these are made and sold. At my shop we have replaced at minimum 4 of these single and triple disc convertors for failing this calendar year alone. One of them was a triple disc in a 250 to 300HP at the wheels truck. It welded itself together. Another one we just replaced was a triple in a bone stock VP truck that didn't last a total of 1500 miles before it let loose and required another rebuild of the trans. Ive heard of guys having good luck but their track record doesn't hold great with what Ive seen. We see a lot of them due to being within an hours drive from New Hampton. Personally Id list it for sale and purchase a quality convertor from one of our great sponsors on here. Great track records with several of them!

Ya tried to fit it all info in to get an accurate answer,im not computer literit,when I type its a search and destroy mission with the keys,lol

Your chit is hard to read but that last part is funny as hell!

Ya,sorry bout that,my wife says my typing skills are reeeally bad and I guess shes right.This situation has got me all freaked out cuz I blew almost a grand on a used tq that im not sure I should use and I appreciate the help from all of you,i think I might have jumped the gun and should have asked more questions before I payed but he did send me a pict of a real precision inc so ?I also took your advice and dropped the trans off at a builder before something else went wrong.Finding a builder up here is not an easy task but I know it will be worth it.

I have an update,I droped the converter off with my builder,He said it looks like a transtar.he cracked it and found it is a triple and he said it had never been locked and it definitely came out of a burnt trans and he thought that was really weird.The fact that that it looks like it had never locked is making me wonder why.Has anyone ever seen this before and might have any insight on a triple transtar?

I think they r pro torque torque converters... As far as warranty goes they give one of the better warranties 3 year/36,000 miles on all of their converters.. Never used their triple disc's, but have used a lot of their dual disc E40D converters .. I'm a precision of new Hampton fan, I have several of their triple disc's on the road right now and have been using them for the past 16 years.. We r getting ready to test one for them.. No one is perfect, but they have always taken care of any problems I have had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back