Plunger not turning...

YkDave

Well, with all my BS i was going through yesterday with a broken barrel and all, i have now noticed that my #5 plunger is not moving...

The rack moves fine, along with the other plungers, but #5 doesnt move at all. i can reach in there and spin it myself, their is no resistance at all...

Fak... I cant afford a new pump right now...

Yep you got some issues, yank it off and get it to an "ADS" Pump shop.

Thats an issue for me.... im about 2000km away from any sort of a pump shop!

So sending my pump out is going to be expensive and time consuming. Im in the process of locating another used pump.

Not sure WTF im going to do, i need my wheels but i dont have the money right now to afford a whole lot... Gotta love this economy...

Anyone got a clue what might have f'd up in there?

Pump is off the truck now... (i have located my long lost puller)

Still waiting to hear back about getting used pumps or mine rebuilt if its worthwhile.

Is their any way to get this thing pulled apart without the fancy tools? (Not worried about reassembly, i wont be doing it)

I would like to know exactly whats f'd up so that when i call down south to the pump shops i can get an accurate quote on what its going to cost to rebuild it. rather than ship it half way across canada (couple hundred bux shipping) and then it ends up being a $4000 fix...

I have talked to a few places already and its only a couple hundred bucks for them to tear into it, inspect and seal it back up and bench it. which really isnt bad at all! but when they have to start replacing things, its going to get expensive!

I would have them disassemble that one unit and then tell them you are on a low budget and do only what needs to be done and see what that brings you.

i would like to, but like i say, its going to cost me a couple hundred just to ship it to a pump shop (and easily a week of waiting). I dont want to spend a couple hundred and wait a week just for them to tell me its going to be a couple grand to fix, at which point i would be better off just buying a used pump or sending mine in for a core somewhere else.

I just dont have the luxury of local shops that some of you do!

I think there was a 180 pump floating around for sale for a good price, see if it's still available in the used parts section.

Buy another pump at a reasonable price.

If i could, i would.... No such thing as that when you live in the middle of nowhere (literally) and santa is your neighbor...

At this point the more reasonable price looks like its going to be buying a rebuilt or possibly having mine rebuilt.

It would be wicked if i lived down south and could pick up a sub $500 pump out of the classifieds and with $20 of shipping have it at my door. but that $500 or so pump, quickly turns into a $1500+ pump for me when they start tacking on the BS border/brokerage fees, taxes and whatever other BS they can find to charge me for (oh, and the dollar conversion). not to mention international shipping up to here is going to be not much short of $500 itself (i hate this F'n place, to ship anything up here its just plain brutal)

I wish i could trust my ford long enough to get down to my dads place in alberta, i could have it shipped there alot cheaper, but then again i would be spending a load of cash and wasting a week worth of driving to get there...

Its kind of a loose-loose situation... Maybe ill just go downtown tonight and jack someones pump while they are sleeping :hehe:

i hate to say it, but i never though i would see the day that the cummins crapped out before my POS ford does, and i baby the cummins and bag the ford LOL

A map illustrating my issue LOL

map.jpg

Back