Post race inspection/shakedown/check list

bgreen776

White Collar Fabricator
what do you do with your truck post race? Never talked with you about your shakedown ritual, but an 11 second full street weight truck is going to loosen, stress, wear parts out, that thing should be gone over with a fine toothed comb by a qualified tech that knows all of what is on, in, and behind that motor.

I'm curious what people actually check out after a race weekend, or maybe even just one day of racing. Like mikmaze said, 11 second full size trucks are going to really put the whoop on themselves.

I came up just a hair shy of running 10's this summer because I never re-torqued my exhaust manifold. Now thats on my "Check every weekend" list.

The main things I check for are new leaks, and old leaks that might need a little clean up before they could drip on the track. I also check torque on anything I just installed, or just wrenched on. Band clamps and boot clamps for instance.

What do you check?

LOL. Absolutely!

I ran a 12 something our first run out after compounds and injectors then blew the transmission on the next pass. After replacing the transmission with something that could hold the power, we ran a low 11 pass. I needed a week and a dozen new pairs of shorts to recover from that. :hehe:

Back