Post Your Mpg's

just about all the running around horsing around and normal driving I get around 17.5 mpg. Have got up to 21mpg and the highway but that is hard because I mash on it a good bit

what is the best chip for a dmax my dad has a 01 lb7 4x4 4door long bed 6spd standard it has 136,000 with k&n? he gets 15 to 16 in town wants better fuel eco is the ppe good?

02goldie... it all depends on the budget cuz the programers got quite a range in price. anywhere from 300-1000. i use the edge and have had great luck with it. it has its perks since i didnt have to buy any gauges to go with it. superchips and PPE also make good programers for the lb7.

I would probably not go with the superchip. PPE is Good Wideopen uses one on his 03. I have the Edge 90HP under the hood and the Quadzilla 135 tuner set on 110. I think alot of the Duramax's are going EFI Live now? Just pick and choose.

I'm gettin about 13mpg and it sucks. I think i should be gettin better dunno what the problem is..

what is the best chip for a dmax my dad has a 01 lb7 4x4 4door long bed 6spd standard it has 136,000 with k&n? he gets 15 to 16 in town wants better fuel eco is the ppe good?

I used to have the HOT Edge box with Attitude and really liked it, but that was a few years ago.

Got EFILive now, no turning back.

Have to chime in although this thread is old. Getting 21-23 with a lb7 is possible, even stock. Just have to run 55 flatland. Add any hills and it 19-20. with a 500 hp efi tune I got 21 running 60-65 , but who wants to do that. Mostly I get 18-20 real world hand calc. running 70 mixed city/highway. Just got back from 1800 mile trip and averaged 17 running 75-80 alot of mountain passes from cali to colorado. Had a stretch at 20 for a tank. I guess what I am trying to say is mileage is all over the place depends on alot of things.

I've seen as high as 24 on mine. But that was one of those days when everything was in my favor for 1000 miles. The conversion to 3.42's helped. I'm still workin on it. Once I hit that 22.5 mark, it got harder. You DMax and Pstroke guys get all the attention.

I just hauled 10,000 out of NC to NJ and got 14.4 at 70 MPH. Empty wagon got 18.0 going down at 65. That's with a big parachute mounted on the front. (Chip Shield)

I think 25 is doable on a 6.7. . . The 6.7's seem to do better than the 5.9's

For those that say 25-26 mpg is not possible, I say prove it! I want the proof that there is no way that any truck can do it. Different driving styles/habits, different trucks with the same setup all react differently.

My mother has an 02 D/A CC SB 4x4 with 117k on the clock. I have always been able to better mpg wise on a tankful than she has, and it's the same way with my CTD, I can do better than her. My father has driven my CTD numerous times, and always gets better mpg than I do each and every time.

Anyways, her 02 with no mods gets about 15mpg all city, and around 19 on the highway at 70 mph. I've gotten 21.6 out of it twice, both trips were at about 58 mph on 2 lane roads with only a few towns to slow down for.

post you mpg's.Let us know what you have done to your duramax.We have been working on some killer tunes for economy.We are getting some very good numbers. Power plus fuel mileage what else can you want.:thankyou2:

This got kind'a cold. Was there an ending I missed?

I drove to alabama the other day went 374 miles on 15.3 gallons. That is the best I have gotten ever. 24.44mpg!!! I filled up 3 miles from the house and filled back up when I got back.

Back