powersteering pump

rick-nasty

I have a 12v that I am putting in a 99 3500 chassis. The engine came out of a bread truck. I have tried to find out what model or version this pump is but have not had any luck. Any thoughts would be helpful. thanks

6bt powersteering pump 2.jpg

6bt powersteering pump.jpg

yeah I need to get it cleaned up some and take some better pictures. I wasn't sure if someone would be able to tell what it is by the general shape.

There was a thread not too long about those. If I remember right they were used on RVs. 95cummins5.9 could probably enlighten you more on this he just parted out an RV motor I believe had that setup on.

And I will point you towards Ghostman. Lol. I pulled one off a bread truck though. They move some fluid for sure though.

Would there be a way to modify it to fit on a regular 3500 chassis since it is missing a reservoir. I would like to avoid having to buy a completely new vacuum pump if this would work and move more fluid.

theres some guys on 4btswaps that had them modified to work with regular steering. they had the pressure turned down some. don't have any links, just going off memory.

I'll trade you a traditional setup for that pump if you want. I still don't have one and want one. Problem is I can't find any info on them and can't find any on them and no one knows what they flow....

Back