PPE & quadzilla

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Ok, i have to make this fast i can clear up anything later.

2001 6spd, truck ran a quadzilla with a 215 hp somkless tune. We tried a PPE hot +2 on level 5 and the truck seemed to be about the same as the quadzilla, without a dyno i cant verify it but the butt o meter seems to be the same. My question is shouldnt the PPE run better then the quad, as well as produce some amount of smoke? The PPE is as smokeless as the quad and about the same or slightly less impressive. What if anyhting could be wrong? there are no check engine lights or DTC codes.

Truck has a 150 air dog, exhaust, intake and a clutch.

Both should have a fairly good amt. What PPE tune (hp rating) was ran ?

No smoke leads me to think a lack of fuel. How old is the fuel filter?

No idea, next time i get home im going to see what the fuel supply at the cpe is from the air dog.

finally test drove the truck, loaded up the quadzilla 215 w/ n20 and also tried the 215 tune and still no smoke. AND the truck has no bottom end, i mean none until after 2300 then it runs like raped ape, until you get to 6th then again nothing. The truck is also touch in the lower gears, 1st, 2nd, 3rd seems to surge forward even when you accelerator pedal is gradually pressed. No codes no check engine light. I checked the live data read and injector pulse is all about 2.2 with one about 1.8 and the another at 4.2 at idle but all even out under a load. Any ideas, i really dont know what to check. Hate to sound clueless on thei but this is the first i have delt with a duramax.

Something is definitely wrong with fuel supply I'd say; but I'm at a loss as to what.

Thats just it nothing comes up as a "look at me" red flag, but something just dosent feel right about the truck.

Back