Ppump oil leak

Fast12v

Has anyone ever replaced the seal on the back of the pump where the throttle shaft goes into the pump. Mine leaks a good bit of oil and I got the new seal but not sure how it all comes apart or if I can even fix it with the pump still in the truck.

The back half of the governor housing has to come off, you could probably pull it with the pump still in the truck but it would be a real pain and getting it back together would be damn near impossible. I'd say pull the pump and try to tackle it on the bench, worst case scenario you have to send it in anyways. You're gonna need a new gasket for the gov housing also.

When mine was leaking the shaft had to be replaced too. Not a DIY job.

Has anyone ever replaced the seal on the back of the pump where the throttle shaft goes into the pump. Mine leaks a good bit of oil and I got the new seal but not sure how it all comes apart or if I can even fix it with the pump still in the truck.

It's possible to just change the seal, but if it is leaking chances are the shaft and bushings are worn too. Your best bet is to pull it and take it to a fuel shop, as stated above.

Back