Pro Pulling League rules for 2013?

Doesn't matter going down the track. That's what I was asking They are only wanting the 25 degrees with truck setting still(That's the answer I was looking for, Thank You). Besides if your truck lifts that much then don't have or set up right(Yup, that's it). This is the same rule as in the pro ally trucks so its been this way for years. So don't think it's something new(I did't.)[/QUOTE]

With this hitch rule and my truck being a cc long bed I can notch my bed out and make hook point at 44 pretty much?

This doesn't say anything about duals?

Duals are allowed. Everything's pretty much the same with the exception of hitch,mwe groove,hand throttle and hydraulic steering..I don't see anyone being able to do a tower hitch that would benefit due to the fact the factory bed floor still being required.

Duals are allowed. Everything's pretty much the same with the exception of hitch,mwe groove,hand throttle and hydraulic steering..I don't see anyone being able to do a tower hitch that would benefit due to the fact the factory bed floor still being required.

I assume you meant changing the bore, not MWE. MWE rule is unchanged.

Check the general rule section before anyone assumes they can tuck their hitch under the truck.

(under Hitches and Drawbars, Page 12, 7. 4x4 trucks, H through N)

H. Point of hook to centerline of rear axle shall be no less than 36% of vehicle wheelbase.

Last edited:

Check the general rule section before anyone assumes they can tuck their hitch under the truck.

H. Point of hook to centerline of rear axle shall be no less than 36% of vehicle wheelbase.

Yea sorry I was multitasking when I posted,But yes I meant bore. MWE is still .200"

When PPL was contacted, they said that the MWE location is being changed, as there will be more specifications where the MWE will be allowed.

H. Point of hook to centerline of rear axle shall be no less than 36% of vehicle wheelbase.[/QUOTE]

Then the only trucks that the 44" hitch rule would apply to would be a 122.5" wheelbase truck? Seems like that is probably not enforced from what I have seen in the past, unless that was just added.

-Hook point must be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle

The rule was not enforced before because the old rule specified the location. The new rule obviously does not specify this location, so refer back to the general 4x4 rules. This is the same rule being used by many of the bigger organizations. I would also assume that the 3.0 guys fell under this rule in 2012 and our hitch rules are now the same. I assume Tyler Dillard or some of the other 3.0 guys could clear that up.

When I talked to a PPL representative face to face at the Nebraska Bush Puller meeting on December 8th, he stated that the MWE groove was not going to be changed. He said that it was going to be better policed. Also mentioned the use of a "go-no-go" style measuring tool being used instead of previous methods (calipers, etc). He mentioned maybe a ball bearing or something of that nature.

Last edited:
36 percent is way too long. That is almost 59 inches on a extended cab long bed truck compared to 44 inches at 27 percent

I agree that it is long. The 30% put us at the back of the truck on our ext long bed. On the regular cab trucks we pull against, it was slightly under the truck.

27% has been the standard in most major pulling organization for 30 years. I would say the 36% is the result of somebody copying rules and not understanding them. Most of the old mod gas classes have a 133" wheelbase limit and a 27% hitch which equals 36". I bet someone translated the rule bassackwards.

Back