Problem Starting my DD

Vefreak

Hey, guys, my post is kinda vague, but maybe you can still help me. I drove my truck home last night. parked it on level ground and it ran good. Now it won't even start at all this morning. Just cranks, not even an attempt to fire. Could this be the cps? would it go out like this? Anything you guys can tell me would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I would start with the CPS first. Then check underhood fuse #22. Does the tach move when cranking?

anythings guys? this is an emergency so any thoughts are really appreciated.

Can you get a scanner on the truck? You can also check the fuel pressure. Do you get any smoke when cranking? No smoke means no fuel. Can you hear the glow plug relay clicking?

No smoke while cranking. How do i check the fuel pressure? I can't get a scanner on it because i'm really broke. And where is the IPR and how do i check if that is the problem. A guy on another site told me it also might be blown IPR o-rings

could be your batteries....my truck sounded like it was cranking fine but it would never start. Then i changed the batteries and it fired right up. It has to do with low cold cranking amps.

id check the battries and clamps i had the same problem a few years back, takes alot ovf voltage to open the injectors

Back