Project X

im up to 3 posts now and down to 14.3!!! i want stickers!! or maybe need em... :bow: :doh:

Stickers Help the times man.... I'm telling you LOL

well it looks like ray of ray mac is going to take it to the texas mile with a set of 2.47 cogs in a 9" rear to see how fast it will run. i am still hoping to make it down there but the funds are lacking and i need more gear.

gunracer1 said:
well it looks like ray of ray mac is going to take it to the texas mile with a set of 2.47 cogs in a 9" rear to see how fast it will run. i am still hoping to make it down there but the funds are lacking and i need more gear.
He better hope he doesn't mash the skinny pedal off the start or the result will be a broken 9".....

2.47 rear and 4000 RPM with 35" tires and a 1:1 final is 168.6229 MPH

EMcBride said:
2.47 rear and 4000 RPM with 35" tires and a 1:1 final is 168.6229 MPH

Eric, you should know better than to think that silly stuff like math applies to Greg LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
Eric, you should know better than to think that silly stuff like math applies to Greg LOL
:doh: I forgot who you were referring to!
I'm looking forward to seeing this truck run at Baytown, he should do some damage in the QD class?

Yeah Eric 168 is the limit in that application.

However,
a 29" Tire with a 2.47 gear, .69 OD and 3700rpm results in 187mph
30" = 194mph
31" = 200mph

Of course this is assuming we can keep it on the gound, in a strait line, and have the HP to do it.

:evil

~Wes~

Of course Wes had to mess up my misdirection! LOL
I didn't think anyone was going to catch that Wes, good job and I look forward to seeing you this weekend! Now, I'm Texas bound.

AS ALWAYS MISDIRECTION. I will get Project X ready for Wes to win in QD , its so dead on repeatable, and rock solid reliable. David and myself made over 36 passes during drag week, 8 in the last 45 minuets trying to average a 12.00. We finished 5th in class. the problem was trying to slow it down to a 11.87 on the last day , the 11.87 was needed to go with the other time slips turned in to average a 12.00. With out the nitrous it would run a 12.21, with it , would run 11.76. I tried chopping it at the first MPH cone, and the results 11.84, 8 times, too fast; the net result would have been a disqualification for an average of faster then 12.00. The real eye opener is that, this common rail motor show is its repeatability , the 1/8 mile times were 7.632, x 3 7.633,x 2 7.631x 4 . In the hands of a skilled NO E footbrake racer, this truck will be a threat at any bracket race in the country.
In reference to the Texas Mile, Ray little has a 200+ mph street Trans AM that will be on a trailer behind Project X . This type of racing is Rays personnel Forte , and I know he will make every possible effort to make Project X go right up to the 175 mph speed limit imposed on it by the lack of the next level of safety equipment . the tires we are going to run are 30 inches tall, and with gearing ,and a high rpm computer , it will defiantly have a good chance to run the number.

were could i find out more about one of these high rpm computers???

Do you mean, how did we get the truck that low?

If so then the answer is simple. We didn't. The truck is at stock ride height with all of the stock suspension.

Keep in mind that the truck is a 2 wheel drive, has 217,228 miles on it as of this morning (read- spring sag possibly), and has a 305/50/20 tire on it.

The tires fill the wheel well so much that it appears that the truck is lower than it really is.

Also an update from Houston.

I ran the truck in the qualification rounds for the DHRA Quick Diesel 12.00 Class.

The goal is to run as close to 12.00 without going faster.

So that being said I had pulled some nitrous out of the tune up to we would run the correct time

I ran 12.18 on my test and tune pass. But could hear a hellacious boost leak.

Well, even though our convictions to use as many stock parts as possible had worked so far, they bit me a little on that run. I had blown out one of the cheap factory red "crossover" gaskets that goes in between the grid heaters and the intake plenum.
So, I pulled it all apart. Cleaned it up, and used one of the SMDiesel Performance laminated solid alluminum gaskets. :rockwoot: No more leak for X.

Went back to the line but missed the rest of test and tune and had to strait to first round of qualifications.

Running the same nitrous jet with my boost leak fixed, X went 7.5@93 1/8th, 11.7@116 1/4 (against the factory rev limiter) with a 1.69 60 ft :woohoo:

Only problem was that I had gone two fast and needed to slow back down.

So, the next pass I pulled out even more nitrous and I ran against my friend Jim Jones since he had been running 12.1-12.4 and I could use hid truck to guage where I was running.

Well X launched hard again this time with a 1.75 60ft but the problem was that at 1/8 mile I had to actually look over my shoulder to see Jim. So, I started peddaling back and was still leading by too much, at 1000ft I completely let out and coasted through the traps at 92mph with a 12.3. The funny thing was that looking at my slip I had gone through the 1/8th mile at the same speed only a few hundredths difference.

X really liked the good air in Houston andwith the minor adjustments made @ SMDiesel the day before we ended up running just as fast in Houston with less than half the nitrous we used in Cordova.

I can't give the exact jet size, but I will say this. It was one stage of nitrous with a jet smaller that .70

Also the runs were made using only the nitrous, the water meth wasn't even under the hood.

X got 15.4 mpg driving from Dallas to Baytown tuned just the way it was raced. This was at 80+ the entire way with a group of 4 ODRA trucks playing leap frog most of the way. It also included putting a Lamborgini Gallardo in its place on 610 around Houston after the Diesel Innovations get together. As well as 45 minutes of stop and go traffin to pass a wreck on 45 in Corsicana.

For the drive back to dallas I programmed X with the towing program and got 22.5 mpg driving back in the monsoon like rain.

:thankyou2: to everbody involved in helping to make up an awesome simple package that runs so well, using so many stock parts. It runs cool and gets great mileage (when you let it). Thanks to everybody involved.

HPRV opened :bang Never changed it. Its the same one that came on the truck from the factory 217,000 miles ago.

So, back to the pits for a minute and back to normal.

Brought it back to the line for 4th round quals and babied it off of the line and then rolled in the power between the 60 and 330 markers.
It ran 91mph 1/8th and 113mph 1/4. So, I knew the power was still there.

It qualified for QD in the second round. I just wanted to try to dial it back closer to 12.0. After the third round issue, I just needed to go back out and make sure the power was still there.

~Wes~

Back