Propane system or CNG system

Bigmike75

I'm looking to increase my fuel economy on my 2007 CR 5.9 Auto. The truck is a daily driver with very little mods right now (that will change adventually). I only tow with the truck about 1 to two times a month.

What's a better deal, propane system or CNG system? Give me your oppions and why. Also what system would you recommend? Ex..ATS vs Superchip vs MSD...etc

Thanks for your input!
Bigmike75

I use the poor man's propane system I helped develop. Counting only diesel. I got 29mpg. (23mpg combining diesel with propane) I've got about $100 total in mine. If you'd like I can post up the details here.

Thanks patracy, I would appreciate the info! What price are you getting your propane for?

Keep the oppions coming guys!!!!

What kind of consumption ratio can be expected when running a propane system for mileage during everday driving and towing?

I use the poor man's propane system I helped develop. Counting only diesel. I got 29mpg. (23mpg combining diesel with propane) I've got about $100 total in mine. If you'd like I can post up the details here.

I'm interested to see what you are running for components. I've got a mercedes I need to install propane on and I have a few different regs and and valves.

Back