Pulled this weekend

jhndrtxn

Hey so i went to a pull this weekend after installing my edge J /w A got to the track an the edge reset its self i changed the display back the way i wanted it didnt think to check anything else got up to the sled an launched about 2500 rpms in 4th lo (i watch my tires make one revolution then unload) the track was rough at the other end the back started hopping at the 245 but she pulled through it an landed me at 264. once i had stopped the edge was beeping at me for over temp so im guessing i could have had a lil more if not for the edge defueling at the end of the track but i walked away with 7th place out of about 17 other trucks (street diesel) there were 3 shop built trucks that i know of that were there that shouldn't have been allowed to pull in the class but to each his own.

So i was happy but i knew the truck still had more in her beings i was on level 5 on the edge an only pulled 3ft farther than what i had stock granted the track was mostly the culprit. I went back Sat for the 8050 RWB jus for a lil test an tune an to reasure myself that it was the track as durign this class they were rolling the track after every pass where as they werent for street diesel, anywho this time i was told to be agressive as the track had changed since they reworked the track i decieded to pul 4th lo again but this time i wound her up to 3k an let her eat stock clutch an all. (i witness another puller try an ease out on the clutch an smoked it for the first 100ft). the truck sunk into the clay spun the tires 3 times before she grabbed an she took off. now being a basically stock truck i knew not to expect to hang with the pack but i really wasn't out to compete jus wanted to see how she ran wit hthe edge set correctly i was pleased when she set down an the red flag dropped another pull successful 234.11 which landed me in 10 of 15

1342124856415.jpg

next step im going to be building a set of traction bars and replace the stock tires not sure what tires im going to go with, but im looking at nitto terra grapplers, BFG all terrain k/o, im still looking at tires picking apart tread designs. I have my Airdog II 165 an my SB DD 3250 sitting in the living room that needs to get installed but no time to get it done hopefully the first weekend of Oct they will be installed for a pull on the 13th. got a pull this weekend gona swap my spare out with one of my rears an an new BFG rugged trail for the time being.

i do have plans to put a "bag of parts" kit in, an 90hp injectors when the money is right, an i will be topping it off With EFI live but all that will prolly be next season after taxes

clutch is getting installed next weekend only mods done are an Edge juice with attitude

I think what he meant was if your gonna be pulling much get a better clutch because that 3250 won't hold up long to sled pulling.

Got ya plan on getting a 3600 but I had a good deal on this clutch it is used but only 15k miles on it with no towing

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

a used clutch ? interesting....i am running a 3600 in mine and i tow heavy with and a pull a couple times a year...holding up so far.

He's talking about "Field Days of the Past" in Rockville Jeremy. S&B Cox owns the property, Barbee pulls his modified semi nation wide and at the same pull he showed off his new John Deere pulling tractor. Must be nice to have to much money lol

Yea i kinda figured that where he was talking about. Yea it must be nice to have a abundance of extra $$$$$$$

Just an update if anyone is following I sent the clutch I bought used back to south bend to have them completely rebuild it. Upon further talking with greg we decided that a clutch dedicated to pulling/daily driving was in order an that I would need a 3600 plate pressure so they are going to inspect the clutch I am sending an use it as a possible core which will knock the price down a bit it will be a competition dual disc diaphram style 3600 sfi approved I'll keep yall posted on the progress as I get more info

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Back