Pulling for the first time tonight.

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
I was just curious as to what gear I should be in. I was thinking 4h, OD off, start in 1st and shift to 2nd and leave it there? Sound okay, or am I way off?

Should I brake boost it a bit to start off or just give it pedal when I'm ready to go?

Any advice I'd appreciate!

Also, the truck is an stock auto(my built trans is waiting to go in) and it has 315/75/16s with 3.55s

4Low, depending on HP/gearing/tires/track/sled, you will either use 2nd or Drive

4lo do u have a lock up switch? nid put it in 2nd and leave it. let the truck shift into 2 on its own. since u have a stock charger i doubt u will need to boost it any at the line.

No lock-up switch, that was planned to be done with the built trans. I've got an s366 and Mach 6s. The tires are General Grabbers.

I know this is kind of half-assed and obviously the way the truck sits its not optimal for sled pulling, but I've been itching to do it for years now and if something breaks, this isn't my DD. Just want to go out and pull the farthest I can and have a good time. I appreciate the info guys!

Thanks for the help guys. I pulled 230' in the 7500# stock 4WD class with a stock trans and no boost fooler. I have a video on facebook(nothing spectacular) that I have to figure out how to post it here. It be nice to have it critiqued though.

Back