pulling my motor

smokeisfun

still learnin
well i pulled my motor and trans this weekend...it was kinda of a pain..chrysler wasnt thinking when they put that engine in there the way they did...

im resealing every thing:

oil pan, new head and marine gasket, gear case and gear cover, front and rear main seals, new t-stat, new valve cover gaskets,

im going to set up my twins right since its out, im putting my 18.5 cm housing on my hx35, and then im plumbing in my 4" exhaust, and then im making a trip up to st. lucas IA to get my new trans. next week i should have picks of everything

the only question i have is: is there anything else i need to look out for or know b4 i go back in...thanks

Its much more easyer to install (or remove) engine and work under the hood if cab is lifted 3 inch with lift kit.

:pop:

AsTroSS--you know I forgot that I have a 2" body kit to put on---I should do that to give me more room for the twins---thanks for bringing this up---chris

Its much more easyer to install (or remove) engine and work under the hood if cab is lifted 3 inch with lift kit.

:pop:

no kidding, mine is a 2wd so it sits really low to the ground but i gotter done...

ya...i would bet a PSD or D-max would be way way way worse or even a 24v would be worse

That's cause your doing it wrong. Hook a chain to the engine hoist brackets and the other end to another truck and rip it out. LOL

Nah....

They aren't that bad, I would pop one out without even giving it a second thought.:Cheer:

For the first time it sucked for me, especially since we had to remember how to put it back in.:bang

a psd isnt bad to take out..... i am only 19 and so is my buddy and we pulled it out in about 5 hours. one person doing tranny and one doing engine stuff.
the truck had blown a hole into one piston and cracked all the other ones.

Lance

I should have mentioned there was a 7 month span where he was looking for a replacement engine. And we kinda pulled it drunk and put it in sober.:banned:

We did that with my buddy's heads on a small block 436 ford. Pulled them kinda drunk, forgot to drain the water out of the oil. Took us 3 times of starting the motor and it seizing before we figured that out.

Back