Pulling Truck Creature Comforts

Sarafin

What creature comforts do you wish your truck had?
About to start the process of making a wiring harness for a buddy's new Limited pro build (Im sure hell be on this thread) and want to make sure were not doubling back to add stuff.
Here's my list of silly things I want him to spend money on:

• LED in cab roof light (I would try to find one with an integrated switch)

Drop box light (same LED as above)

His switches will be below his seat so I plan on having green indicator lights in his line of sight

(I haven't asked him this one yet) Anyone have luck with a backup cameras? even the cheaper ones? his cab is tight and that may make life a lot easier

What am I missing? What should we add?

Steering switch on/next to a hand control. Back up cameras are nice. I’m using one like we run on the tow trucks. Camera is wireless, screen is 5”.

Remote ether injection
Low amp electric fan to keep cool, can even have it solar powered so you don't burn down the batteries.

I put an led strip along the top of cab just above the windshield. Lights up dash perfectly, best thing I ever done

Something to function as a defroster for the windshield. The fan mentioned may work. Cool fall nights fog up the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

One of the factory dome lights offered in older 379 Peterbilts would be perfect. Great light, push button on and off on the side/on the face that’s easy to find etc.

What do you mean by a drop box light? I definitely like some of these suggestions.. especially the dash light to see.

What do you mean by a drop box light? I definitely like some of these suggestions.. especially the dash light to see.

A light that shines over your shoulder and onto the box so if you’re changing gears at night you can see where you put all the damn nuts and make sure you’re not overdriving!

Just a simple LED Pointed at the drop box for changing gears in the dark when pit areas don't have great lighting

I used to contemplate changing my gears based on the track and after a year of screwing around and one time after putting the gears in upside down after a dropped hook, I set the gears and welded the case shut. Best decision I ever made. :)

I used to contemplate changing my gears based on the track and after a year of screwing around and one time after putting the gears in upside down after a dropped hook, I set the gears and welded the case shut. Best decision I ever made. :)

awesome :hehe:

I like my steering switch. One side is momentary, middle is off and the other side is on. That way when you're in the pits you just bump it. Less of a chance of forgetting its on and draining the batteries

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not doing that. Maybe you get a nice clay surface wherever you pull but there's so many different track types where we are you actually have to think about the setup every week.

Back