Pulling with an auto?

bahdiesel2001

its in the works!
i have never pulled before for what would you guys recamend me do i am cluless how to with a auto? help me out?

What are you wanting to know?

Stock charger, just mash it to the floor.

like how to start out like ease into it or what and like shoud input it in 4 low with overdrive off or in like 2 in 4 high?

66 charger, 6x15 injectors, redline, dragonfire vp, 4k springs, all on a motor with 270k miles. Running 3.55 gears so getting it into drive is an option sometimes but the wife is afraid to shift it while pulling.

well i dont have anything like that but i think im going to hook just for the hell of it

Do you have 3:55 gears? If so, I would run 2nd gear with the TC locked up. Just get the chain tight, put it on the floor, and as soon as it shifts to 2nd gear, lock the converter. If it has 4:10's you might be able to run 3rd.

Here is a video of my truck at around 340hp with 3:55's in 2nd with the TC locked.

YouTube - My Pull at Garrard County 6-23-08

Eric

If you dont mind me asking silverram how do you pull in 3rd with your auto? how do you have it setup? Like are you just running in the low side in drive with the overdrive off and its shifting its way all the way to 3rd or what. I ask because your pull looked very good just wondering. :thankyou2:

If you dont mind me asking silverram how do you pull in 3rd with your auto? how do you have it setup? Like are you just running in the low side in drive with the overdrive off and its shifting its way all the way to 3rd or what. I ask because your pull looked very good just wondering. :thankyou2:

I lock up in 4x4 low, lock up my air locker, put it in drive, lock out OD and let her buck, Hit the Tq switch once you hit 3rd gear. You will be in 3rd gear in about 35-50 feet depending how you pu$$y foot it out the hole. I see 27 mph wheel speed (3k-3400rpms) and see around 22-26mph track speed.

Back