Pump mod ???'s

Grapevine

THE GRAPE!
Alright guys and gals, im looking for a sense of direction as far as pump mods for a p-pump swap im fixing to do. As far as truck mods go i have all the general supporting mods such as springs, push rods, clutch, studs, gauges...
Right now im runnning a edge comp hot with a redline and 7x12 injectors along with 62/78 compounds. I am not happy with the power i have and i am suffering with a vp as far as fuel goes. I bought a motor out of a 97 with the 215 pump and im baisically wanting to know the best conversion line size, dv size and plate size to get where i want to be which is around 6-700+ street truck. i will be having Ducky re-pop my injectors and using the stock 24v cam. If i missed any info that you may need let me know and i will let you know. Main reason for asking is cause everyone has a opinion and i want to know what works/worked for you.

Thanks, Brandon.

From what I have gathered, .084" should do everything you need. I'm running .078" and stock tubes.

I figured 84's would be best but didn't know what the side effects of 93's are as that's about the smallest stainless you can go. Dv's is another thing. I know it will have 181's stock but don't know if I should go 191's or any other option...

I am running .084 lines with 7x12 injectors. Just did my swap in the last month or so. Running a 175 (160) pump that is currently bone stock. I can spool my 66 to 35psi. I plan to run 191 dvs and a 4k kit to hopefully push the 66 some more if that gives you any ideas.

Think I decided on 022dv's still wondering line size cause I don't want a lope or anything like that.

Mine has zero lope. .093 is where you start to get lope but even then not all trucks lope with .093 lines so take it with a grain of salt.

From what I understand a stock truck with 93's will lope where as a more modified truck is less likely to get it.

Couldn't tell ya one way or another but I hear your truck already had a ppump making around 1500 horse...or is this a different truck LOL jk

I see a red truck and NEO in the sig so I am assuming that was your post on diesel sellers.

Only thing I can for sure say is that there have been minimal if any gains from larger lines. .084 lines would be the safest to go with.

I have .093 lines on mine and zero lope, but in all reality I bet stock size lines will flow plenty of fuel.

i have .093 lines on a 215 pump out of a 97 12v and i have a little lope but not bad at all. With my 7x12, pump/lines, and 66 i can hit 55-60psi pretty easy.

With my vp I hit 70psi which I could care less about and the lines I'm getting are only available in 93/120 so I was wondering if anyone had a lope problem.

Back