Put New Turbo On...Got ?'s

6STIX

I just put on a Garret bb GT37R stage 2 on my 07 with just a smarty...intake stuff is on the way. I was wondering what kind of boost should I be seeing and egt's compared to the stock turbo. I noticed on setting 9 I was hitting like 1400 at 38lbs of boost. And with the new turbo I haven't noticed much of a change in that department and only hitting 35lbs of boost. I have the waste gate shut off in the smarty like I did for the stocker. didn't know if I was blowing open the wastgate or something. Anyways I dont have much experience in the diesel modding and what to expect. I do tow a Trailer sometimes and can be pretty heavy at times and I liked to way the truck towed at the 60hp setting but the egt's where too much hense the reason for the turbo. Any info would be great.

you should try a quad boost fooler and check the wastegate on the turbo, ask what they set the wg at from the place where you got the turbo. there is also a dummy plug you can buy cheap to plug into the wg wire that was in your stock turbo, this will help you from getting some codes.

Back