putting sport bumper and grille on my 95

wildman6bt

Diesel = Broke
Ok I hate the chrome bumper with a little grey plastic here little black plastic there its ugly and its showing its age. Has anybody done this I'm wondering do I need to change the headlights, the grille I know needs changed because it is knocked out for it but the lights look like they are the same. I'm gonna order the grille from lmc truck haven't found a b bumber tho can't afford a new one $800 is steep for a bumper I think. Any help on this or a bumper would be great.

I take it you want this bumper and grille?

2478_64766275849_777585849_2167819_6657_n.jpg

Yep or just the truck would be fine lol. Awesome lookin truck man I thought about painting mine burnt orange but I think I'm gonna go with a blue instead. I got to get the parts rounded up first.

Roachie your truck is sweet. Someday i am going to put the sport grille and bumper on my truck,i like your rims also.

I like my truck now...

You will need the grille, grille frame, and the hood release rod. The headlamps require a new harness and you will need to clearance the fenders. Unless you want an after market lamp like those on mine.

Cheapest thing is keep you eyes on the local salvage yards for one. 99-02 2500/3500. -01 for the 1500, yes they all interchange.

Try this site:
http://car-part.com/

Edit:

Thanks!

Where did you get your lights at and did u order them for the year of the truck or to match the bumperand thanks for your help!

All the 2nd gens have the same lamps. The sports just have twin bulbs.

I got those off ebay just to help complete the look.

when i did it i had to drill out the brackets because the holes for the sport bumper were different

was going to go that route on my 1500 12v but ended up getting the cover dennis runs on caged fury and a roll pan shipped for what dodge wants for the sport bumper.

i think those lights will be on the list too here soon.

Is it possible to find these part used in US? Is it hard o find parts? Aprox price?
// nilsson

Your best bet is to find used factory parts, the aftermarket parts need to stay in chinkaland, the sport head lamps(two bulb per side) arent required to run the sport grille and bumper. I dislike the sport grille because it is deeper and harder to keep all the nooks clean.
Also you can run just the sport bumper with out the sport grille, but there will be a bit of a gap(better air flow)?

Thanks for all your guys imput in this you all answered my questions.

You will have to drill some holes and grind some off the end of the bumper mounts.

Your original headlights will work fine.

You will also have to do some modifications, flatten some places out and drill some holes, in the lip of the hood where the grill mounts.

Scott

Back