Putting together parts list

madmikeismad

So mad
I'm deploying soon, so I'll have tons of time to save up and get everything I need.
Goal 600ish hp, fairly fast spooling as I'll be combining occasional towing (not too heavy) and some off road (trails, fields). I know fast spooling is hard, but you know what I mean.

What I have so far:
GAUGES, built trans, 4in straight, 5x.014's, no plate, 2095 plug, 4k w/springs, 15.5*, BHAF

This is the list of parts to get and stuff to do:

timing to 18* or 20* with 5x.016's
62/65/14 or 64/?/14
over
s475 (need to research these more for sizes) or 480
Orings/Studs
Port manifold
flex plate
maybe a cam if I have the extra $$$$

Ok compd, enlighten me.

stick with 5x14's, an s480 will go waaay farther than 600.

Ok maybe I just need to switch brands of .014's. I have ddp's now :( and my '35 clears them up no problem. I figured the new setup would need a little more fuel.

If I go with a 480, with a 62 be enough for a secondary?

Ok maybe I just need to switch brands of .014's. I have ddp's now :( and my '35 clears them up no problem. I figured the new setup would need a little more fuel.

Delivery valves maybe? Also some sort of fuel system Air Dog etc.

I've got 181's in 131 seats, stock lift pump with external regulator and have no problem with fuel on a 63/68

I started running out of top end fuel with my 5x.016s and 66/80. It would start to pop and lose power until i let out of it a little, the AD150 and mech fuel pump delete solved that haha.

im going 62/475 with 5x.016 with this same goal in mind, the only thing im missing is a fuel system now

Stick with an S475 for the bottom turbo if you want faster spool up and 700-750 HP max.

good luck with the deployment bud, you can save a ton of money tho, im about 7 month in to one and still got 2 months till r&r, sucks haveing all kinds of parts setting at home waiting on you and you cant do anything with them for awhile:bang

good luck with the deployment bud, you can save a ton of money tho, im about 7 month in to one and still got 2 months till r&r, sucks haveing all kinds of parts setting at home waiting on you and you cant do anything with them for awhile:bang

Yup, thats what happened with the last 2. I had about 2 solid weeks worth of work for the truck waiting for me when I got back lol. This ones looking to be even better because the truck is almost payed off and I have no more school loans :D

High volume fuel delivery system, 5" exhaust, bigger deliveries, more timing. This additional to the things mentioned above.

Oh yeah, sorry, I meant to put 5in straight pipe in there.
More than 20*?
Which would be more efficient/cleaner: bigger dv's with 5x.014's, or stock 181's with 5x.016's?

How many cc's could I get it so safely flow without upgrading barrels? Would that be better than just getting better injectors?

Back