PVD chrome wheels?

crhall

Anyone run these new PVD chrome finished wheels, How do they hold up compared to chrome plated? I hear they are all season finish wheel, they last longer than chrome plated. How is the shine vs the chrome plated? seems like more and more wheels are using this, but hate to order them and they look like sh!t..

dalpilot just put a set on his new truck...they look pretty bad ass to me. Darker than chrome but not as dark as a black chrome finish.

Here is what i'm looking at. They are Fuel Hostage. I like the looks, just have never seen PVD up close
image.php

These are my new wheels in PVD chrome that just showed up. The shine seems to be the same as my old regular chrome fuel throttles. I havent had a chance to see how they hold up since Im still waiting on my tires to get here but I love the finish on them. Dont mind the ugly center cap, thats getting taken care of
Untitled by mattpopiel, on Flickr

Well I talked with few wheel disruptors, they clam its the latest and greatest for guys that drive in winter salt roads. PSD, Do they look real chrome in person? from the pic they look freakin sweet! I just don't want them to look like that "plastic" chrome?

Last edited:
These are my new wheels in PVD chrome that just showed up. The shine seems to be the same as my old regular chrome fuel throttles. I havent had a chance to see how they hold up since Im still waiting on my tires to get here but I love the finish on them. Dont mind the ugly center cap, thats getting taken care of

I dig em. Sorta reminds me of a revised version of the old school wagon wheels.

Well I talked with few wheel disruptors, they clam its the latest and greatest for guys that drive in winter salt roads. PSD, Do they look real chrome in person? from the pic they look freakin sweet! I just don't want them to look like that "plastic" chrome?

yeah they do like real chrome, just a little bit darker than regular chrome.

I dig em. Sorta reminds me of a revised version of the old school wagon wheels.

Yeah Ive always been a fan of that style of wheel.

Got the mounted up on the new tires today and they look even better! They look a little dark in this lighting

Here is what i'm looking at. They are Fuel Hostage. I like the looks, just have never seen PVD up close
image.php

I have 2 of the old chrome fuel hostages, and 2 of the PVD chrome hostages..... Were puchased at different times. I like the PVD a little better. Seems to shine a little better. But you'd never tell the difference from 15'

I had the wheels done on my Grand Cherokee. I did not like the factory polished look. I am happy with the way they turned out and they are holding up nicely.

Back