quad adr or smarty

blevinscattle

I've got an 01 with a quad adrenaline and use it for heavy towing as in 14-16k and doing a he351ve swap right now and was wanting some input on whether the smarty was better for towing and planning on 100my or 150 injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The truck already has an air dog 165, bhaf, and south bend dd

I would keep the quad if it's not causing you any trouble. You can turn it down to levels 1-2 maybe even 3 and have can bus only fueling which is all a smarty will do. The only advantage of a smarty would be to override some of the torque management. You have a manual so there would be no advantage. I would keep the quad or trade for a comp box. They don't not fuel as hard but seem to be a little more reliable. I have both a drag comp and a quad. I have never owned a smarty but I close friends who run or have ran them in the past.

Thats not heavy, no extra power is really needed for that. But if you think you need it then just stick with the ADR. I would not run larger injectors in a true work truck.

14-16K is heavy enough to want more power, especially with a 235hp truck. I would say keep the adrenaline, or swap for a comp box like high cotton said. The comp box or juice seem to run smoother, but keep your quad turned down and it'll do everything you need it to do.

Thats not heavy, no extra power is really needed for that. But if you think you need it then just stick with the ADR. I would not run larger injectors in a true work truck.

100-150 are not large injectors. I towed with the 7x0.010 VCO's I had before I went to 7x0.012 micro blinds. I had one truck with an ADR and another with 7x0.010's, a 62/68, and a comp box. There was a night and day difference between the two. One advantage the quad has over a comp is that fact that you can turn off more than stock fueling but keep timing.

Yes you still can tow with larger injectors, but thats not why you put them in. One of the best towing setups is bone stock.

Yes I know this is CompD, but my dads 7.3 with 60hp Hypermax and nothing else will pull anything mine will, and is much more friendly.

Back