Quadzilla adrenaline issues on h.o. truck PO235 code??

zippywildfire

just installed a new quadrille adrenaline with the 4k hard fuel tune on my 02 H.O. truck. At first the truck has no check engine light on, until i really get on it and it pops on with the code PO235. It says injection pump rotor. now my big question is, this is a reman pump, has about 20k miles on it. the truck runs amazing when the check engine light is off. but as soon as it pops on its about half the horsepower. i installed a quad on my 99, and my 01 and they both had stock clutches, i was able to smoke them as soon as i tested them out. My 02 i can't get power out of it. The highest RPM is 2600, thats me putting the pedal to the floor and waiting for the rpms to slowly catch up. Any else have this issue? is it already time for a new vp?

It sounds like it is a fueling issue. The 4k by nature throws codes because it is a race module. The 4k tunes are very hard on any truck, but the H.O's are problematic because they fuel as hard as the S.O. pumps can.

Do you happen to know what your fuel pressure is reading when you get on it? It's important to monitor fuel pressure, especially with the 4k modules. Are you using an aftermarket lift pump such as the Fass or AirDog?

Back