Quest for the 913 pump

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Which trucks came stock with the 215hp 913 injection pumps?

Is there a way of finding out what pump my truck has without taking the throttle assembly arm off the side of the pump to get to the ID plate?
my truck is a 1998 12v 5 speed 2X4. I know its a 215hp pump but not sure weather its a 887 or 913. How many of the 887 pumps had the larger cam in it that the 913's have? anyway of finding that out without taking the pump apart? :thankyou2:

98 should be a 913. THe 887 were the early 215 pumps if I recall correctly. Says in the parts catalog 887 superceded by 913 or something like that.

I had just gotten off the phone with Shiver diesel injection company. They had led me to beleive that if I don't have a 913 pump or a pump with the same cam as a 913 that they would have to charge me a core charge even if I send them my pump? They had quoted me a price to turn my stock pump into a 13mm 700cc flowing fire breathing machine:rockwoot: :ft:

Only down side being that I have no clue what pump is on my truck. It will cost me an extra core charge fee if I don't have a ' perticular ' cam that the 913 has. Im confused :poke:

So 887 more than likely would have came on a 97 5-speed and a 98 5-speed would get the 913?

My lazy a$$ just might have to take the throttle assembly off this weekend.

Another question... How much is a far price to pay a injection company to take a 215 pump and upgrade it to a 13mm pump with custom delivery valves, 5K gsk, balaced and flowed...?

9 LIVES said:
So 887 more than likely would have came on a 97 5-speed and a 98 5-speed would get the 913?

My lazy a$$ just might have to take the throttle assembly off this weekend.

Another question... How much is a far price to pay a injection company to take a 215 pump and upgrade it to a 13mm pump with custom delivery valves, 5K gsk, balaced and flowed...?

If your gonna go hog wild on a pump just use a 160 pump, there cheap in comparison!

On a side note I know where there is 2 913 pumps for sale, I think $1200ea.!

For $1200 I could sell ya a 913 pump.

I believe the 887 was used on the 96 trucks. 913 typically on 97-98.

zstroken said:
For $1200 I could sell ya a 913 pump.

I believe the 887 was used on the 96 trucks. 913 typically on 97-98.

No thanks, I already have 2! And they are not for sale.

I thought the 913's were 98, 887's were 96-97.

That could be, I know my 887 was off of a 96. I am being sarcastic about selling the 913. People are paying crazy prices for this stuff. If you shop around you can find pumps for $500, buddy bought a complete engine for $800, with pump and turbo.

i love my 13mm shiver monster pump. Robert is builing me 1 more and a nice street 913 pump now. if you have a 913/887 you have the right cam. some 911/885 have it also but not all.

The good pumps are hard to find but you will not find them here, they are found in the salvage yards ect were no one looks and the people that have them don't know what they are. I found an 887 and a 913 earlier this year when I bought a builder motor, both were setting outside in a pickup bed....yes I almost cried! The 913 had all the plugs and covers installed so it's fine.....I think, the 887 had no DV plugs installed, it went to I.I. as a gift to Brady, the cam needed to be resurfaced and the P&B's had corrosion on them but everything else was good........this is a good candidate for a 13mm pump!

Jim Fulmer said:
The good pumps are hard to find but you will not find them here, they are found in the salvage yards ect were no one looks and the people that have them don't know what they are. I found an 887 and a 913 earlier this year when I bought a builder motor, both were setting outside in a pickup bed....yes I almost cried! The 913 had all the plugs and covers installed so it's fine.....I think, the 887 had no DV plugs installed, it went to I.I. as a gift to Brady, the cam needed to be resurfaced and the P&B's had corrosion on them but everything else was good........this is a good candidate for a 13mm pump!

Well put. If your wanting to find deals check out your local paper and what not. There are a few to be had here, but for the most part parts on diesel sites go well above the market value.

Back