Question about exhaust housings...

collin_bucko

Ive been trying to figure out what AR means on the size of an exhaust housing... I have a .91ar with a t-4 flange. About what size is this? 16? 18? Ive tried searching, but im coming up with nothing on the conversion and what AR actually stands for.

16 sounds like a smaller s400? borg warner something..if i had to guess id say air ratio?

Last edited:
havent been able to drive it yet... were getting it on the truck tomorrow. The plan is to run it on my 98 in my sig with a set of 5x.016's and some Scheid DV's I dont have a T-4 manifold, im just using adapter to the stock T-3 which will make it a little harder to light, but we'll see what it does on the street.

sweet should send me a pm, let me know how it does. was thinking bout getting something similar or smaller s400 using a bolt on adapter, and if i like it switching manifolds. previously had s300 66/74/.80

....with heavier 5x16/ and heavy DVs

Last edited:
How did your last 66 spool?

ha, bought it from here and its junk. but, spool ok. I think it spooled better than my htt 62/71/13ss. and the same as all the other smaller s300s ive had. I have an auto though. from a dead stop it prob. wouldnt spool till 2500rpm, but rolling into the throttle i could have 5lbs by 1500rpm. after 5-10 lbs its basically lite. i could handle it no prob, even with stock cam. dont think it would clean up my fuel setup on topend though. something like your turbo would be prime IMO, thats why i wanted to see what ya thought. .80/14cm exh. hsg is to small for a 66 IMO

Well, I was on the fence about what housing to go with, and I figured that I might as well go inbetween, cause my options were a .80, .91, and 1.10 so I went with the .91. ill have the truck going tomorrow so ill let you know how it handles. I have a 5 speed with a kennys Dual Disc pulling clutch so Ill probably have a little easier time manipulating the throttle to spool it easier than a auto.

Well, I was on the fence about what housing to go with, and I figured that I might as well go inbetween, cause my options were a .80, .91, and 1.10 so I went with the .91. ill have the truck going tomorrow so ill let you know how it handles. I have a 5 speed with a kennys Dual Disc pulling clutch so Ill probably have a little easier time manipulating the throttle to spool it easier than a auto.

i think that ar would be perfect....drive on the street? i bet ya it cleans up nice on the top end. the s300 didnt quite

you sound alot like me. Think we have pretty much the same setup. let me know watch ya think..

Its the next day! I want to hear about this because i was looking at a box stock 66/74/.91 t4 real hard for a long time. I just dont think i can spool it.

Im at 7000ft elevation.

Alright.... welll I didnt quite get around to fabbing up the intercooler hose today, it will for sure be done tomorrow as im waiting for an elbow to finish her up. Trust me im just as excited as you guys to see how fast I can get this sucker to light.

Alright so just a bit of an update on this this turbo. All that I can say is that Im impressed with how good it actually lit for being as big as it is. I can usually get about 5-10 pounds by about 18-1900 rpm and by 2200 she is fully lit and singing. It hits hard, but ive had to kinda be nice and stay out of it till I get the head off, fire ringed, ported, and studded.

hey im looking at this same turbo for my first gen that im p pumping. wonder how you fabed up your intercooler elbow to work.

Back