question about stacking

06ramcummins

i have a downloader and a module on the truck. if i want to take the programmer off, or put it on do i need to take the module off first? before programming?

I am going to say no, at least not in my experience. I take the Smarty off and put it back on regardless of the "box". Although mine is not a common rail.

A friend of mine has an 06 with the Edge Juice/Attitude, we loaded my Smarty on it and there were no problems.

We did run the Edge on the zero setting, while the Smarty was downloaded.

i wonder that when the edge is on 0 it is 100% off. or would it matter if the box turned on or off, is the programmer going to have any ill effect? ive always taken the module off, but do i really need to?

The ran just fine.....the only thing that I noticed was the Edge boost fooling feature was still working.

Oh and the Edge backdown features still worked.

What I'm trying to say is......The Edge isn't adding any hp but the other Edge features are still active.

your fine I ran the smarty and edge together before I sold it. You puttin to much thought into it.

so i don't need to take the module off before i program the truck. i dont feel like getting under the hood every time i want to run the doc alone. mileage has gone up since me running the doc as a stand alone. not sure how much not through this tank yet.

no you can take them off and on as you please, u do not need to take one off just so you can download or put back to stock.

Back