Question for those who have swapped NP241 inputs

joez

In the process of swapping my input in a 241 DHD to complete my NV4500 swap, and have a question. I pulled the 23 spline stock input out, drove out the roller bearing and plug from inside of it and made a realization, neither one will go into the new 29 spline that I picked up from Drivetrain.com, its not even close. When looking at the exploded view of the 241, neither of these parts are even shown. Im pretty sure that if these came out of the t-case, they need to go back in, as without them the mainshaft bearing has nothing to ride on inside the input and there is nothing to stop ATF from entering my NV4500.

Has anyone run into this issue when using the 29 spline input from Drivetrain.com? There is what almost looks like an unfinished race inside the new input, but its ID is smaller than that of the roller bearing, and it also prevents that plug from going in as well. I am going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, but for right now I figured id see what you guys have to say.

i bought mine from a local drivetrain shop and it came with a bearing and plug installed

I am pretty sure there are atleast two different input gears per spline count. When I went swapped one they needed to know the # of the bearing that was in it. Something was updated with the planetary setup. They do not interchange.

Back