question on the star wheel adjustment!

1stgen.12

I adjusted the AFC star wheel a while ago, and dont exactly remember how many turns in i took it, and my question is how far down can you crank that sucker? if i bottom it out, would it be similar to taking out the AFC lever? prolly a dumb question, but thought id ask!

I cranked my until it was bottomed out. I dont think it would be anything close to removing the afc. Your fuel is still limited, unlike removeing the afc.

thoughts
the afc limits the travel of the pin which controls the fuel pin
the denny pin allows more than full travel of the fuel pin, meaning if u removed all the stuff u wouldnt have any more fuel than the denny pin
However
what you have with a pin is drivability you dont have without

with no afc all u have is uncontrolled smoke

a deep cut fuel cone (pin) still wont give full fuel, the top of the afc lever hits inside the pump housing. grind some off the afc foot to get more fuel and still have control with afc function. i grind off about an 1/8 + "

so i can bottom out the wheel with no problems right? that will also be alright to do with my denny t stage II pin that should be in some time this week? just figured i could do it all at once while im in there

go big or go home take the spring out!! get rid of the idle screws do some grinding on the lever and crank that fuel screw till it bottoms out im makin 225 hp with a bone stock truck stock sticks stock charger witha 18cm housing and getting 18mpg

DO NOT bottom the screw out. Every one of these pumps we have turned up have reacted differently. One of them we pulled the screw and added weld to the end of it to get more fuel on another it started coming back to idle rreeaall slow well before we got it bottomed. Take it in slowly while checking to see how it comes back down to idle, when it starts to hang like a commonrail back it off 1/4 or a 1/2 turn. These motors will runaway. This is the one that we couldnt turn all the way in YouTube - Cummins Powered Ford on Dyno

Back