Questions before purchase.

mattman_13

I'm new to the duramax but not new to diesel. I recently had a 6.ohhh no. That I traded in for a 5.7 ram. Well I ended up hating the ram, it's underpowered and I can't even do gearing because of the axle change in 2012 unless I do a whole swap.

I've found a truck I'm interested in. It's an 06 with the lly with 106k on the odometer for 24800. Truck has leather and looks really clean with the exception of some red interior pieces I would paint asap. lol
Crew cab 4x4, Seems to have 6" suspension lift, 3" body, either 38 or 37 mickey thompsons. Already has the lbz mouth piece but that's all I could tell from the pics.
The paint was changed from red to black (worries me. what are they hiding?)

My questions are what would you all pay for that? Anything specific I need to watch for? Basically just give me an edge when I go in person to talk to the dealer.

I would do an egr block off, 5" exhaust, and have a diablo trinity and edge cts with pyro left over from past vehicles. Is there anything I can do to help the transmission aside from not wot shifting in higher gears and etc?

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I will join the government motors family soon haha

Last edited:
the price doesnt sound to bad to me with the lift and everything if it has good tires..but the whole color change thing would scare me lol that and the bigger the tires the harder it is on the tranny..and to my knowledge the 06 lly arnt realy lly's there lbz's with a lly tune on it so basicly you have it tuned and its a lbz so do some more digging or hopfully someone will chim in and say weather or not im right thats just my 2cents hope i could help!

ohh and as far as the tranny im in the same boat right now ive got a 05 lly im starting to work on and im afraid of hurting the tranny myself im prolly just going to build mine when i get the money but for now im just not going to go over 100hp with a tune and hope it holds mine is the 5speed allision though and if that truck is an 06 it should have the 6speed allision which i believe is a little stronger

Back